Rose is the favorite flower of all time in human beings. It is known to be the Queen of flowers and is sometimes called the king of flowers. Human being expresses their loved ones with the beginning of these flowers. It is not just a flower but so many goodnesses. On our unique planet earth 🌍 nature has provided us with so many varieties of flowers but Rose is the perfect one from these just like human beings amongst the whole species. These flowers are attractive to many people by their beautiful looks and pleasant aroma. These flowers also play a big role in health and lifestyle. It is used in a wide range of cosmetic products and mineral extracts.
Composition of dried Rose petal powder
The chemical Composition of dried Rose petal powder in 100 grams
|1. Carbohydrate||70.4 g|
|2. Crude fibre||1.20 g|
|3. Protein||0.50 g|
|4. Calcium||120 mg|
|5. Iron||3.7 mg|
|6. Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|7. Fat||0.2 g|
|8. Ash||0.4 g|
Value-added products and uses of Rose
- Perfume and fragrance:- Rose perfumes are made from atter of roses or rose oil, which is a mixture of volatile essential oils obtained by steam distilling the crushed petals of roses
- Foods and drinks:- Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly. marmalade, and soup. or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content. They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup.
- Rosewater:- Rosewater is also an important product obtained from the rose petal. It is used as a perfume and for therapeutic purposes.
- Herbal tea:- Rose petals or flower buds are sometimes used to flavor ordinary tea, or combined with other herbs to make herbal teas.
- Gulkand:- Rose petals are also preserved for direct consumption, by making gulkand which is prepared by pounding an equal proportion of petals and white sugar. It is considered both a tonic and laxative.
- Rose syrup:- Rose flowers are used as food, also usually as a flavoring or to add their scent to food. Other minor uses include candied rose petals.
- Rose oil:- Rose oil is an important commercial product obtained from rose petals. Apart from the sweet fragrance, it has medicinal properties and is often used in Ayurveda. Bulgarian rose otto is largely used in perfuming soaps and cosmetics.
- Rose creams:- Rose flavored fondant covered in chocolate, often topped with a crystallized rose petal) are traditional English.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ROSE
1. IT ENHANCE BETTER MOOD
Rosewater can have strong antidepressant and antianxiety properties. In exploration found that extracts of rose petals can relax the central worried system in mice. This resulted in antidepressant and antianxiety effects.
2. ROSE WATER CAN HEAL CUTS, SCARS, AND BURNS
Rosewater has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can help wounds heal faster. These properties can help clean and fight off infection of cuts and burns. They can also help cuts, burns, and even scars heal faster.
3. IT CONTAINS ANTIOXIDANTS
Rose petals and rose oil contain several powerful antioxidants, which can help protect cells from damage.
4. ROSE CAN HELP YOU TO PREVENT AND TREAT SOME INFECTIONS
Rosewater has powerful antiseptic properties, which can prevent and treat infections. Due to its antiseptic properties, it is used for a variety of natural and medicinal treatments. Rosewater is used in eye drops to treat conjunctivitis cases, its antiseptic and analgesic properties helped in treating the ocular disease.
5. ROSE WATER HELPS SOOTHE SKIN IRRITATION
One of the greatest benefits of rose water is its strong anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help treat multiple ailments, both internal and external. It may even help soothe the irritation of eczema or rosacea.
6. IT SOOTHES SORE THROATS
Doctors often prescribe antibiotics for sore throats, but you may want to try rose water as well. Rosewater has traditionally been used to soothe sore throats. While research is needed to prove its effectiveness, there’s strong anecdotal evidence to support it and very little risk in trying it.
7. IT REDUCES SKIN REDNESS
Rosewater has been used as a beauty product for thousands of years, so it’s no surprise that it can improve your complexion and reduce skin redness. The antibacterial properties may help reduce acne. The anti-inflammatory properties can reduce skin redness and puffiness.
8. RELIEVES HEADACHES
Rosewater and rose essential oil are commonly used in aromatherapy to help relieve headaches. This may be due to the de-stressing effects of compounds in it.
9. IT HAS ANTI-AGING PROPERTIES
Rosewater is often found in beauty products aimed to reduce wrinkles. That’s because it may have anti-aging effects. In addition to soothing irritated skin, it may reduce the appearance of wrinkles when applied topically.